Saturday, November 6, 2010

Welcome to Oliver Cromwell's Blog

Good morrow fellow bloggers.  I am Sir Oliver Cromwell, English War General. I decided to make this blog page because of the many tensions occurring in England, or even in Europe as a whole, and this blog is solely meant for informing my people of current events happening in England. And currently, I drew myself into quite a sticky situation. A civil war has started in England, and the Parliament, to whom I obey, have chosen me as one of the leaders of their “to be amazing” army. I am still wondering whether they will make a battle worthy army for me to lead. If not, I plan to still win this war. Since I’m already in this mess, why not clean it up. My current backup plan, if parliament fails to get me an army, is to create one myself. I don’t think it will be too hard, as the people of England have obeyed parliament all this time, so what could be stopping them from continuing? But as of now, I am hoping that parliament can take care of that for me. Oh! I never explained the entire reason this war broke out. Well, Charles I, our current king, decided to mock the parliament and claim that due to his new theory, divine right, god has chosen him to rule. Parliament was immediately angered at this and challenged the king. But the king refused to accept that parliament had total control. So parliament asked me and a few other generals to help them out and “deal” with the king. The king, after hearing this, fled to Scotland. And now he thinks some amazing force is coming for him, but parliament hasn’t even started on it yet. So as of now, I think I’ll start rallying up troops for the army I’ll create. I’ll call it the “New Model Army.”
But my latest accomplishment is purging the parliament of its Presbyterian members.  It is now only composed of the house of the Commons, or the Rump Parliament as some people call it. Another rumor that I hear is that the Rump parliament plans on ridding of any monarchy left in this state. I don’t know if this rumor is true or not, but if it is, the outcome is still unknown. Alright then. That is the latest news for now. I’ll post another piece once something exciting happens, or once I achieve in creating my army that parliament was supposed to give me. Until then, this is the end of Oliver Cromwell’s first blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Cromwell, I am extremely interested as to foreign armies. I myself am a war general in Japan, and there seem to be several differences between Japanese troops and European ones. For instance, my men are called "samurai," not "soldiers." Furthermore, it is to our best interest that we make sure our men remain loyal - usually through good use of tactics and reasonable orders. Of course, this principle must exist in foreign military as well, but it does seem to me that my men garner more respect as samurai who have learned the ways of the sword than soldiers who merely shoot firearms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Cromwell, I am against your creation of what you call a New Modely Army. Adding to that, I believe that having one monarch as the ruler is the better option for England. If England were to be ruled by Parliament, there would be chaos. Therefore I advise you to not take part in this mess that you have just stepped in. I suggest you just step out.

    ReplyDelete