Good morrow, my readers! I am VERY happy today, as I was appointed the title of Lord Protector, which is the title that is reserved for the executive power holder in the new Instrument of Government! This is amazing; because that means that I have the most power in England right now. I have finally achieved my goal of being the highest title holder in England. But it is getting a little hard to rule England, so I have decided to split it up into eleven regions. That way, instead of governing all of it, I can easily get the latest news on my country by the leaders I will appoint to look over a certain area. But while I have the power of the executive branch, the legislative branch was given to a new parliament. But they proved to be unworthy of the title and inefficient as well, so they were dissolved again. I also ran into the financial problem of funding my army, so to fix this I might create a tax. I think I will levy a 10 percent tax on on my former royalists. I’m certain they can afford to pay it. Yet I still think with that, I might not be able to maintain a constitutional basis. Well, I guess if I can’t convince my people to follow my orders, I’ll have to force them using military power to rule my Independents. Well, Europe certainly has had many surprising twists in the past few years. Hopefully there will be more to write about later. Until that time, may everyone enjoy this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment