Sunday, November 7, 2010

A New and Improved Government for England

Hello to all my readers. The rump parliament finally got too difficult to handle, with their innovative ideas. So I did what I thought was best for the state and dispersed the rump parliament. I don’t think god would’ve wanted that kind of government for England. And yes, I do believe that he wouldn’t, as I am an Independent or a radical puritan as many call us. They all dispersed last month in April of 1653. So I can now say that I have successfully defeated both the king and the parliament. It feels good to be able to say that. Anyways, since it was the rump parliament that changed England from a monarchy to a commonwealth, I am still unsure if I should keep the commonwealth or if I should change it. I guess I’ll just let the army carry out their plan to create the Instrument of Government. The way they’re writing it is quite different than I imagined it to be written. People say it is going to catch on later. On other matters, it looks as if Amsterdam is one of the flourishing centers right now. They increased the land they originally had, created storerooms for their merchants and artisans, and now even have an amazing bank there. That is what Amsterdam is famous for at the time. Its bank is revolutionizing the way people thought financially. I was very impressed when I heard of it. I’ll write again once England gets a new and efficient government.

No comments:

Post a Comment